Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

These Folks, The Unemployment Lament, original song by Nancy P. Goodman

6/19/2010 9:49:33 AM

These Folks, The Unemployment Lament
Original song by Nancy P. Goodman
All rights reserved

one day I started a petition
and I look around
and find
Lots of these folks besides me
Have unemployment on their mind

these folks on unemployment
are hoping and praying too
that their Congress
don’t make them meet
their ‘Waterloo’

West Virginia,
Colorado
Delaware
Texas
I see you

Tennessee
Canada?
And
There’s even
Portugal too
Illinois
Pennsylvania

Maryland
and
Hey
Florida,
yes
I see you

California
Australia?
Brazil?
Arizona
Missouri
and
North Carolina
yes
I see you

Georgia
Virginia
Poland?
Alabama
And
South Carolina too

New Jersey
Kentucky
Yeah,
Netherlands?
I see you, too

Hey Nevada
I know you’re hurtin’
And Michigan
yes
I do see you

Massachusetts
Indiana
Oregon
And the big
Old big apple
New York, too

Ohio
And there’s Hawaii
Right there over the blue

Oklahoma
And Wisconsin
Yeah, I do see you

How many more
Will it take before
We can get through

Before we can get through
To Congress
Before we can get through
We want to let them know
This is how it (all) went down
We lost a job
Sometimes we loved
Through no fault of our own
We don’t wanna be beggars
We just don’t wanna drown
Don’t wanna
Drown in the debt
That’s holding us back
(while we’re looking)
Looking for a job
---

'These Folks, The Unemployment Lament'
Original song by Nancy P. Goodman
All rights reserved
Copyright, Nancy P. Goodman
Hendersonville, Tennessee

No comments:

Post a Comment