Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Top Google Search for KFC?

Why is one of the Top Google searches today for KFC, for KFC 'double down' or KFC chicken sandwich?

There seems to be lots of "buzz" today for KFC, for KFC double down and KFC chicken sandwich. I am not sure why, but I thought I would check it out. KFC is one of my MOST favorite 'fast foods', with my preference being a KFC 'original' drumstick, along with a biscuit, and mashed potatoes and brown gravy. Give me a good book and the above and I'm in heaven!

So as I searched for the 'KFC double down', it is described as:
"The Double Down - made up of bacon and cheese between two pieces of fried chicken - combines almost every basic element that Americans recognize as fast food, yet is presented in a very unorthodox or even unprecedented way." (1)

and from KFC's website comes this: "The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun." (2)

and from another website: "Kentucky Fried Chicken is appealing to its carb-conscious customers by launching its first bread-free burger" (3)

Ok, I am convinced! I am ready for a lunchtime trip to KFC tomorrow to further check this out!

---
So here is the Google search for KFC:



----
References:
(1) KFC may strike lucky with Double Down, April 15, 2010,
http://www.ricg.com/marketing_articles/creative_design/kfc_may_strike_lucky_with_double_down/

(2) KFC, April 15, 2010,
http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

(3)KFC introduces 'sandwich' with buns made of CHICKEN instead of bread (but at 1,228 calories, it's not exactly healthy), April 15, 2010
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1264166/KFCs-Double-Down-chicken-sandwich-bread-unveiled.html

No comments:

Post a Comment