Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Letter 1 from my Granny to her daughter, dated 1939


My Ttanslation of the letter is below:
(written from Carthage, Tennessee)
Oct 22, 1939


Dear Louise, will try to write you a few lines to say am well again and hope you all are well. I was sick last week, but am well now. Well Hattie called just now, said that Hazle Maleson was dead so I guess they bring her back here. I don't know. She was at my house playing when Aaron got his thumb in 'lasses mill. (molasses mill)

You ask about going the (smf) (fryall?). We (all) (ate?) and Daisy got me cold drink. I drink comb of cream. No I diden (didn't) go meeting any more. they have took the (tint) (time?) a way. ha ha. Just a little more bad news. Howard hindes (?) got too teeth. nok out (knocked out) by (snore) (someone?) (?) but I don't who so I guess feel big man now. ha ha. Daisy bring my water now. I will close, tell Wilson write me again, kiss the baby for me, with love to all, you all be good, by, with love, Mother



-----

Nancy's notes:

This letter from my grandma, Laura Mullins Lynch to her daughter, Louise Lynch Cudney, scanned and sent to me by Louise's granddaughter, Sonja Cudney Linder in Michigan.

"Hattie", I am sure is Hattie Myers of Carthage, TN.

"Aaron" is Uncle Aaron Lynch, one of the brothers of Louise and my mother Annie Lynch Phillips.

Not sure who Howard hindes( ?) is.
Martha Lynch, sister of Louise and Annie Lynch, and of Daisy Lynch was married to Howard Baggett. Not sure if that referred to him or not.

"Daisy" is sister of Louise and Annie Lynch Phillips.

"Wilson" is brother of Louise, Daisy and Annie Lynch Phillips.

I never heard of Hazle Maleson, so I suppose maybe she was a friend or neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment