Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nashville Flood of 2010 Song by Nancy P. Goodman, May 16, 2010

5/16/2010 9:40:00 AM
Nashville Flood of 2010 Song by Nancy P. Goodman, May 16, 2010


never will
I (ever) look at
rain the same (way) again

never will
I ever think
it’s never gonna end
(it will never end)

how well
I will remember
this time
and this place
and the Nashville flood of 2010
staring me in my face

we watched the water
get higher and higher
I said to myself
tho (oh) (no) (but) I’m not a crier

But (you) gather up
Important things
And get ready to flee
That’s the way it was then
For lots of (other) folks and me

Mine turned out okay, I guess
But many lost it all
And police and the firemen
Did a lot
(did a great job)
When they answered the call

We watched it all
On tv
All the tv stations were great
We saw boats going the streets
That had turned into a lake

Oh it rained and rained
(And) then rained some more
More than we had
Ever seen before

The water rose (up)
And swept away
Many treasures and houses
That day

Recovery will be slow
But we’ll somehow do it
We’re volunteering
And (we’re) sticking to it

This state has always been
Known
For being volunteers
(as volunteers)
Now we’ll take of our own

(This state always has been known
as volunteers
now we’ll take care of our own)

(the state of Tennessee
has always been known
for being a volunteer state
now we’ll take care of our own)

-----
all rights reserved by
Nancy P. Goodman, May 16, 2010
Hendersonville, Tennessee 37075
========
See audio version on YouTube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYe56xnRVQo
or below:

No comments:

Post a Comment